AFIT SUMMER TAX SEMINAR
July 25, 2019
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Black Canyon Conference Center
9440 N. 25th Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85021
8:15 AM - 9:00 AM DOORS OPEN / REGISTRATION
9:00 AM WELCOME
9:10 AM – 10:00 AM ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE – UPDATE
Tom Johnson, Grant Nulle AZ DOR
10:20 AM - 11:10 AM ETHICS AND DUE DILIGENCE IN LIGHT OF TCJA
Gregg Goodsell EA, MST
11:15 AM – 12:05 PM SUCCESSION PLANNING FOR TAX PROFESSIONALS
Jack Wood EA
12:05 PM - 1:15 PM Lunch - TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE – UPDATE
Caroline E. Ware Local Taxpayer Advocate
1:20 PM - 2:10 PM AUDIT RECONSIDERATION VERSUS OFFER IN COMPROMISE BASED ON DOUBT AS TO LIABILITY
Jason Silver Attorney
TRANSCRIPTS AND TECHNOLOGY
Aaron Blau CPA, EA
2:15 PM - 3:05 PM UPDATE ON LLC AND PARTNERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Scott DeWald Attorney
CHALLENGES WITH WAYFAIR – ONE YEAR OUT
James Barash CPA
Anant Ayer Sales Tax Technology Expert
3:25 PM - 4:15 PM PANEL: IRC SECTION 199A – STILL IN THE WOODS Thala Taperman Rolnick (Facilitator) CPA
3 hours CPE – Tax Law; 3 hours CPE – Update; 1 hour CPE - Ethics
NOTE: Some sessions focused solely on Arizona state tax issues may not qualify
for Enrolled Agent Circular 230 CPE credit.
SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, January 23, 2020
AFIT’s Winter Tax Seminar
Why you should attend this AFIT Summer Tax Seminar:
· Timely Topics presented by knowledgeable practitioners.
· Choice of Topics: At the afternoon time slots, attendees will choose from FOUR different presentations.
· An opportunity to meet one-on-one with Taxpayer Advocate Service staff to help resolve problem cases. BE SURE TO HAVE A COPY OF PROPERLY-EXECUTED FORM 2848 POA!
· Representatives from AZ DOR Collection Division will be on site to assist with problem cases. BE SURE TO HAVE PROPERLY-EXECUTED FORM 285 AUTHORIZING REPRESENTATION!
· Downloadable course materials: AFIT will make available downloadable seminar materials for ALL technical topics to save on your laptop, tablet or similar electronic device. If you wish, you may print out the materials for your future reference.
· Easy on-line registration
· State of the art conference facility
· Excellent food choices – Lunch & breaks are included!
· Parking is convenient, safe and free
· OUTSTANDING NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES
· GREAT CPE VALUE
· A Discount for Early Registration: Register and pay on or before Tuesday, July 16th and save 13%.
Seminar cost: $150 ($130 on or before July 16, 2019)
Last day for registration: July 19, 2019 by 6:00 PM
Cancellation policy: Full refund (less 10% administrative fee) if requested 10 or more days prior to seminar (July 16, 2019 or prior).